To foster classroom engagement to improve student success and learning.
- Using a combinational learning technologies (traditional – pencils, pens, etc. right up to technological – mobile devices, various desktop computing platforms, etc.)
- Allowing access to facilities above and beyond the classroom hours (6:00pm and beyond at times).
- Offered and provided club activities in support of classroom learning where skills are tested and horned under real conditions. (Bike Club, Robotics Team, Skills Competition Team(s), Business Ed Competitions, etc.)
- Setup teacher classroom websites to provide achieve classroom information, as well as to provide supplemental access to online resources via external website links.
- Promote and instruct students to utilize their own digital technology in order to enrich and enhance their learning of classroom content. E.g. use cellphone camera to record or photograph instructions/plans/etc.
- Use and implementation of digital technologies in order to provide students with multimodal (auditory, visual, kinesthetic) learning opportunities.
- Using case studies and simulations to bring real business problems into the classroom for students to solve.
- Applying business theory, business and personal ethics through participation in the school store, business competitions and the Junior Achievement Student Company.
Goal # 2
To foster student engagement to increase a sense of student belonging as well as increase community, environmental, and personal responsibility.
- Promote participations to competitions in our various subject area(s) to enhance the classroom learning.
- Local/National/International field trips to promote connection between classroom learning to the outside world.
- Using recycled materials in our tech studies classes to produce student centered projects and artifacts.
- Students build staging and sets for performances that benefits the entire school community (First Nation Studies, Mental Health, Hamber Idol, School Musicals, School Plays, and Hamber Fashion Show, etc.)
- Community related clubs sponsored by department staff to promote community outreach. (Compassion Club, Kids Help phone, Dragon Boat Team, Bike Club, etc.)
Goal # 3
Aboriginal Cultural Enhancement – To increase knowledge, acceptance, empathy, awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal histories, traditions, cultures and contributions among all students.
- An Aboriginal project to be completed at the end of the school year for every subject area and at every grade level. (On Hold)
- Students help built the staging setup for the First Nation awareness performance.
- In class discussion(s) at the senior level regarding the occupation of tradition land.
- Discussions and activities on the need to research the political, economical, social and technological environments (PEST Analysis) of different countries and groups of people as part of a marketing plan.